The OnStone substrate is made from reclaimed raw materials that are up-cycled and repurposed to innovatively create a simply beautiful art piece. The mix of reclaimed timbers and stone composite with specialist UV inks result in a fine art quality image that is scratch and water resistant, has uninterrupted depth and, as there is no glass, no reflection. The handmade OnStone prints are an individual and distinctive alternative to canvas, paper or glass prints, each with its own character and charm.
Images come to us holding a particular beauty or a personal significance. We love hearing the story behind them all and treat each one with the care and respect they deserve.
The organic nature of the stone means that your image will print differently to that of regular progressing.
We have reproduced a wide spectrum of images and found that some inherently ‘just work’, some will pleasantly surprise you and then there will be some that will turn a simple photo into an art piece.
Over time, your OnStone will require some special love and attention. Although it is fade resistant and waterproof it still has a level of fragility that makes it precious.
• Avoid direct contact with the image.
• Use a damp cloth to clean the stone – no solvents.
• Hang using nails or screws over plastic hooks
• Use olive oil to renew the lustre of your timber frame (avoiding the stone face)
• When moving, ensure your stone face is protected from items that could scratch the surface